View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Random Debut League - 1901 with 1986 historical year

First I want to thank actionjackson, David Watts and mitchkenn, (among others), who really have taught me on this forum how to play random debut/historical leagues well and to get the most out of them.

I have finally, after a million starts and stops (like many of you, I am a serial league starter), started a historical random debut league with the parameters I want and have already completed the first four seasons.

I started the league in 1901, but with 1986 as the historical year, and I will keep that historical year throughout the league's history.

As I shut off automatic expansion, the 16 teams remain the same, the 1901 teams, including my own Cleveland Blues, the Chicago Orphans, Boston Beaneaters, and Milwaukee Brewers, to name a few.

I set players to come from 1901 to 2016. I shut off the color barrier. Three-year recalc, with current year double the weight. Five-man rotations with five relievers, and 15 position players. No DH. For the moment 8 rounds of the new player draft (and thanks again to actionjackson for the advice to set the initial draft to 44 rounds - made a big difference !).

We have played the 1901-04 seasons. The first two seasons saw the World Series go to the Pittsburgh Pirates, who defeated the Philadelphia Athletics and Detroit Tigers respectively in 1901 and 1902. The Milwaukee Brewers have won the 1903 and 1904 World Series, defeating the Philadelphia Phillies in each of those Series.

The Blues had losing records and were in 6th place our first two seasons, but came in second in 1903 and third in 1904, with 88-66 and then 80-74 season records.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote