View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 12:24 AM   #39
moore4807
All Star Starter

Week Five 9/16 - 9-23

Locally - Some rumblings in the Sunrise FL. newspapers from "leaks" reporting that fan favorites are possibly packing their bags for out of town. There are a few threatening phone calls fielded from players agents warning its not a good idea to start off my career angering the locals.

I assure everyone that the rumors are exactly that, but if an offer comes in I will listen to everything offered since I WAS brought in to improve the team. The owner approves my tactics in his weekly phone call. I momentarily wonder why the owner isn't coming to oversee his teams training camp, but figure he's letting me run the team to see how I do.

This week in the NHL -
Winnipeg continues its wheeling and dealing this time with the Arizona Coyotes. The Jets have dealt 30 y/o RW Chris Thorburn (6.5c/6.5c) a well known tough guy, and 25 y/o LW Nicholas Tremblay (4.5e/5.5e) and in exchange will receive 27 y/o C Kyle Chipchura (6.5d/6.5d)

EDM LW Taylor Hall will miss two weeks with a shoulder strain.

MIN D Jonas Brodin will miss a week with a neck laceration.

New Jersey and Buffalo have joined the trading ranks with the Sabres sending top prospect 19 y/o D Jake McCabe (5.5e/8.0e) to New Jersey for venerable scoring threat 41 y/o RW Jaromir Jagr (8.0b/8.0b) There is some surprise expressed over Buffalo giving up a top prospect for Jagr since they are not expected to contend this season. New Jersey fans seemed generally pleased with the deal, although some discontent was heard.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote