View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Many crashes and runtime errors during the loading of a saved game or during game play are caused by a corrupt .dat file inside of your saved_games\your_league_name.lg folder. I do have something we can try that may resolve your issue. However, it may be impossible to fix this type of issue.

1. Inside of your saved_games folder create a new folder. Perhaps name it test.lg
2. Inside of your league_name.lg folder you will see a sub-folder named "auto-save". Click on and open that folder.
3. Copy all 16 .dat files
4. Go back inside of that new folder we created (test.lg) and paste the .dat files
5. Start OOTP 14 and on the game's main screen, click on Load Game and try loading the league named "test".

If all is now well then that means there is a corrupt .dat file in the old league-name.lg file. Now you may proceed to step #6.
6. Close OOTP 14.
7. Go back to your saved_games folder and open that test.lg folder. Copy all 16 .dat files.
8. Open the old your_league_name.lg folder and paste the .dat files. This will over-write the old files there and will not harm this saved game.
9. You may now delete the test.lg folder

After trying my suggested remedy, if you still encounter the runtime errors, please let me know and I'll suggest something else.
I see the OP got his problem solved using this, so I tried it, didn't work. I was just wondering if I can try anything else for my league, or if I should just leave it be.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote