View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #82
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

I decided to try this out. It is an uphill climb.

Trade difficulty HARD. GM only mode. No editing players.

I took over the Marlins on May 16th 2019 (life start).

Here is what I did in year 1...
  • Claimed LHP Tyler Olson off waivers
  • Acquired RP Travis Lakins and CL Durbin Feltman from Red Sox for CL Nick Anderson
  • Drafted 3B Andrew Vaughn
  • Traded SS Castro and 2 minor leaguers to Giants for LF Austin Slater
  • Traded 3B/OF Brian Anderson and 1 minor leaguer to Blue Jays for C Danny Jansen and 3 mls (including Zach Jackson)
  • Traded 2B Neil Walker and minor leaguer to Astros for SP Francis Martes and (AAA) LF Seth Beer,
  • Claimed IF Greg Garcia off waivers
  • Traded Lakins, Jackson and 2 minor leaguers to Cardinals for OF Jose Martinez, OF Tyler O'Neill, SP Daniel Poncedeleon, and 2 minor leaguers (Schrock and Baker)

Finished 46-116 with unhappy team chemistry and team complaints against Peter O'Brien

In the off-season I addressed the goals the owner had for me to acquire a former MVP and increase attendance.
  • OF Curtis Granderson retired
  • Claimed RP Jonathan Holder off waivers
  • Traded OF O'Neill and 2 minor leaguers to Cardinals for SP Alex Reyes and 3 minor leaguers
  • Traded SP Wei-Yin Chen to Tigers for 1B Miguel Cabrera (10% salary paid by DET- former MVP, popular player in Miami)
  • Traded Miguel Rojas, C Jorge Alfaro, SS JT Riddle, and OF Auston Dean to Yankees for OF Giancarlo Stanton (25% salary paid by NY, former MVP, popular player in Miami)
  • Signed LF Marcell Ozuna to 3 year deal (popular player in Miami)
  • Traded RP Tyler Kinney and SP Trevor Richards to Phillies for 3B Maikel Franco (in walk year)
  • Signed SS Adeiny Hechavarria
  • Signed OF J.D. Martinez to 1 year 20M pillow contract (he reopened discussions.)
  • Traded JD Martinez to Astros for CF George Springer (in walk year)
  • Released 3B Prado

With these moves I sold out Marlins Park all year. Fans love Stanton, Cabrera, and Ozuna even though they are not great players. They love Springer because he is a great player.

During the season...
  • APRIL- Signed IF Jedd Gyroko
  • JUNE- Traded Gyorko and Ozuna to Dbacks for 1B Pavin Smith
  • JULY- Signed Springer to 5 year extension
  • Traded Franco, SP Pablo Lopez, and OF Lew Brinson to Mets for 2B Jeff McNeil and 2 minor leaguers.

Finished 86-76
Claimed the second Wild Card and won the game over Dodgers (pitched Caleb Smith)

Miraculously reached the NLCS with this team and fell short in 2020.

Last edited by jerheme; 05-27-2019 at 11:24 PM.
jerheme is offline   Reply With Quote