Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #114
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2074 Season (6/4 – 6/6 Vs Carolina Panthers (Part I)

Carolina Panthers (22-34, .393) @ Phoenix Suns (28-19, .596)
10 ½ games back in the AL East and headed nowhere fast… The Carolina Panthers have the worst offense in the AL, though their power is middle of the road, and their pitching isn’t much better. They don’t defend particularly well, and their roster is devoid of stars. They have the #11 prospect in baseball playing for their minor league club – the kid looks like he could be an all-star… but outside of that, there isn’t much to see here. They do have a legit Ace in Robby Garrett, but he hasn’t pitched like one this year with a 4-5 record and a 4.45 ERA. The team is currently focused on a long-term rebuilding effort and recently decreased their average ticket price by 13.7% in order to juice their attendance – fan interest is low, but the move has netted them a 2.6% increase in ticket sales over last year – $75K in ticket revenue per game seems like a steep price to pay for an extra ~600 tickets sold per game though. What’s that? $125 per incremental ticket purchase?

59 of 162: Aidan Sexton (2-5, 4.76) @ Ash Newman (5-2, 3.15)
The good – only one error today. The bad? We lost 7-3, struck out 11 times, and, offensively, Derek was our best player – 2 for 3, a run and 2 walks. Pepper’s replacement at 3B committed the lone error of the game – and it cost us 3 runs… Karma? She mad, she real mad. Elsewhere: Pepper went 0 for 4 with 3 K’s and an error in his Chicago debut. Some things never change, I suppose. Oh, almost forgot, Donny was tired and did not play today - I should have pulled the trigger on that offer from the New York Jets.

Next up: The 2074 Draft… Let’s see if I can ruin our future with my trademark poor decision making and complete lack of judgment.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote