View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #34
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I was planning on letting TBCB do some of the ranking - in fact, I kind of like the idea of having separate bodies go about ranking stuff. That being said, one of the things I have planned is to create BoxRec ratings for each fighter based on their bout history and use that rating to help determine who people ought to fight (one rating I have semi- in there right now is Desirability, which is re-calced every time a boxer wishes to choose an opponent and part of what will be included in it is a negative modifier for the absolute value of the difference between BoxRec ratings... I could just as easily do this via the TBCB rating, but for now that's my idea).

My idea here is that an early draft, just to get to a place I can test, is that I'm going to start with manual entry of the fight results. I can always add the functionality for HTML parsing later. The same goes with using Silverlight or AJAX or whatever; there's nothing preventing me from starting with regular old plain Jane Windows forms and hopping into web-based stuff once I'm sure the program itself is on good, solid footing.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote