Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
If OOTP has been so sucessful for so long, they must be doing something right. Wouldn't it make sense to take a look at what they're doing and copy that?

Look, while baseball and hockey may be two differnet sports, running a franchise or a league is pretty much the same. You align divisions, set up a playoffs, a schedule, set a budget based on the amount of tickets you expect to sell...

I'm not a baseball fan, so never played OOTP, but from what I've heard and seen, the historical and custom leagues are way ahead of FHM. The FHM team should be confering with the OOTP team to see how to implement all this, seeing what kind of code they used, how they worked it into the existing framework. You have tons of people saying I want to love this game, but here's what's hurting that. But I see time and again the team glazing over the sugesstion forum and putting in stuff nobody asked for. (Goalie heat ratings, a confusing startegy system, crowd noise sound effects. Seriously, you put more effeort into sound fx than re-implementing the ability to change divisonal lineup from FHM 1 that everyone keeps asking for?)

I'm sorry for the rant. when FHM 1 was announced, I said this was the hockey sim I've always wanted. But I've yet to see it. And every year we're asked to pony uo $40 to support the game in the hopes that maybe in several years we'll get the game we want.
This is the comments I just don't understand. Do you not think that FHM would just simply use the existing game that OOTPB has if they could and just swapout the baseball for hockey if they could?

Baseball and hockey are very very different games. Hockey players and baseball players use different ratings. The sim engine uses a whole different engine. Game management is different due to different things like roster management, chemistry and loads of other things that baseball does not have. There are so many variables that have to be changed from the game of baseball to the game of hockey that just swapping out stuff from the baseball version and replacing it into hockey just wouldn't work. While roster building might be fundamentally the same, the game and recreating the AI to do so is not.

Each step, each variable has to be coded and recoded to make the hokey version work so just because the baseball game is 18 versions in, the hockey game is 4. It's not the same, never will be due to having to code everything. Only games you can compare FHM4 with really is either EHM or FHM previous version. In this regard, FHM 4 is advanced in many ways because it's grown from 3 and it has way more customization than EHM