Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #627
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
It's misguided, but I'll try to explain.

There are many people that think Mason started it. He was retaliating after Myles took him down by trying to rip his helmet off first. He also pushed off against Myles groin area after the fact. He then went after Garrett after they both got up. They think Garrett is responsible for the altercation.

To be clear, I don't think Mason should be suspended. But there are people out there that think "if he didn't do this, then he wouldn't have done that" kind of mentality. It doesn't work that way. You're responsible for your own actions, not someone else's. You can't punish someone based on what they did because of what you did. That's chaos.

Punish Mason as if Myles didn't swing the helmet. What would he get? Nothing.
I don't think he should be suspended but I do think he had a hand in the escalation of the fracas. Garret's tackle of Rudolph, I believe, was flag-worthy, roughing the passer (late hit, tackled him to the ground after the late hit), even though it was not called. I think Rudolph felt the same and acted out in frustration/anger by taking hold of Garrett's helmet and yanking it around (I didn't notice any groin-shots). If I were Garrett, that would've made me upset. I believe Rudolph's helmet yanking is what set Garrett off. Garrett then went off the deep end. It's the whole "The guy who shoves first tends to not get flagged. The one who shoves back does" type of thing.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 11-18-2019 at 10:41 AM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote