View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #33
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Finally the hall of famers.
Some of the players may seem questionable. You're probably gonna say why the hell would you put him in. Thats ok. I questioned some of them too but i tried to go by what the game gave me.
I did use 5 yr service time for the first few votes because i wanted to see players from the NA given a chance. Al Spalding dominated the league in pitching and i thought he belonged in the hall. Ross Barnes was one of the best players of his error. Yeah i know he benefited from different rules in the real leagues but in ootp the different rules dont apply.

You wont see a voting pctg because i went back and had a veterans vote.
I tryed to do it for 20 or 25 periods of history. It would be nice if ootp gave us that option. I let the game elect the players for the current season and then i restarted and put the players in to be consistent. So i wouldn't see some players with voting pctg and some without.
As for the veterans vote, what i did was after i ran the vote i took the players with the highest votes for that selection and then just added his hof standards and monitor together.

Then i kept them in a list. I tried to follow the real hof but i didnt always follow it. Maybe i should only have elected an oldtimer when the there were less than 5 players elected for that year. Would also like to see managers elected.
Im sure there is something better to be use and to be honest i was just wanted something quick. It would be nice if awards were taken in consideration.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote