View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I agree with you, OFG. I have the same concerns which were implied in my posts but spelled out eloquently in yours.

Yet, I have become a realist when it comes to the nature of the internet and digital technology. So much of what we deal with is temporal with expected lives measured in a few short years, if not months. Things fail and disappear merely because they have no lasting form, no structure, no permanence. People fail, give up, go away, move on and their technology disappears with them.

For the vast majority of enterprises out here, though, you would not have gotten ANY of the responses that we received in this thread. Don't get me wrong; everything that we have said here applies to OOTPD. Someday, they too will be gone.

But for as long as they are here, I trust them to live up to their commitments and promises and that makes them truly unique, in my opinion. They have said that, if Digital River shuts things down and you and I cannot access OOTPB XX, they will take action to help us (if they themselves are still here).

Unfortunately, that's the best they can do. Fortunately, they have promised to do so and based on my experience with this company over the years, that is good enough for me. In these circumstances, that is.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote