View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #14
Hertston
Major Leagues

P.S. One further point for those considering running a historical-only team who haven't yet done so. Take a look at the list of tourneys and you will see the prizes for historicals-only have been nerfed (basically halved) compared to Live! only and opens. TBH, this was/is a large reason for my rapidly declining interest in that part of the game, which is the only way of providing even a remote chance of obtaining any of the uber-cards (those 100 Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth etc.) that would strengthen my team. You can be competitive in opens up to diamond without those cards (when all those Live! 100s going for a relative pittance these days are introduced, you are largely screwed), but you are still operating under a restriction most, if not all, of your competitors do not share.

And a final point, while I'm here. PT tourneys need more skill elements introduced. As a Brit who knows b*gger all about the finer points of Baseball compared with most of you guys that's hardly likely to benefit me, but it's clearly necessary. I really don't care if the same dozen guys keep winning the tourneys at a particular level, if doing so is the result of their superior knowledge, experience and skill in OOTP, Baseball, or both. That's what it should be about. Better that than what amounts to a lottery in most cases.

To keep the iron, bronze and silver tourneys for newer players who haven't progressed far with team building yet, just boost the prizes for the higher level ones. Give every level the chance of a prize players can actually use to build their team, be it packs, a card at the next level up, or a realistic amount of PP.

Last edited by Hertston; 01-16-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote