View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 10:17 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Sure, those are things that can be improved. But I'm talking more about in game decisions than anything else, especially when comparing to animations. Like I understand that the animations tell me nothing official about what happened. they are just a "fictional re-enactment" that gives you a vague idea of what happened. Like I will never be able to figure out that a guy got caught in a run down via the animations but the PbP text is quite clear. My problem is more with things such as using a double switch when ahead in the ninth inning such that you mess up your defensive alignment bu hey, at least the pitcher won't come up in the tenth in the fist few batters in the unlikely event that the other team scores the exact amount of runs necessary to go into extra innings. Or another thing I see is the AI pinch hitting for a hitter in the six spot while letting a worse hitter of the same "handednes" in the 8th spot bat. Or when I have the "Favor L/R Matchup" maxed and the AI brings in my lefty middle reliever to face a few righties and then takes him out for a righty just as several lefties are now coming to the plate. This happens a lot. Anyways, I'm basically looking for better AI in the game play such that I can play out a game and not feel like I have a huge advantage over just simming the game.

I'm not saying don't fix animations and I understand that not all the resources are best at fixing the thing I might want most so yeah, fix animations too since I do use them. But if you ask me whether you want more realistic animations or more realistic in game management, I'll always choose the latter until at such point as I feel the AI can at least come close to what I would consider "optimal" choices.

And yes, it is kind of funny to watch your catcher chase a groundball out to the wall and throw the guy out at first as the PbP states that he "dribbled one in front of the plate". But at least that discrepancy is just cosmetic and doesn't affect the actual sim, unlike the horrendous in game decisions sometimes made by the AI.
Hands down, you are right... the AI needs to be fixed first.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote