View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #12
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Actually, no. What you'd need to do is sort them by potential ratings and then look at their max potential rating in the editor at that same moment. If you simmed 20 years and looked at career stats, you're introducing the development engine, TCR and injury-related changes, so a lot could change in those 20 years.

I've read the OP at least a half dozen times and I can't fully comprehend what the hypothesis is. If someone has a more succinct way of explaining it and the author of the OP could confirm it's right, that would be helpful (for me, at least).

EDIT: I guess what I should say is that I don't understand the evidence behind the hypothesis. I get that the OP says OSA scouting is always right. But I can't follow the explanation of the evidence no matter how many times I read it.
The evidence seems pretty straightforward. Start a new game. Look at the draft list. Compare OSA ratings across several scouting accuracy settings. If the OSA ratings never change then there is a problem. It means the scouting "fog of war" isn't being applied to the OSA scouting.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote