View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #134
rleb
Major Leagues

Salvesen and Meto's 'laid-back' attitude might have cost them a ticket to the Antarctic Cup

Aeros outfielder Meto Christiansen

Dominic Fry, GSN correspondant
August 30th, 2015

Looking back, it looks like the Salvesen Aeros were a little too loose, during their divisional matchup with Nemessey.

During game 3, Salvesen left fielder Meto Christiansen got in hot water with manager Fredrick Jensen for a series of pranks aimed at other teammates during that series versus Annenkov. "These guys are adults," said the Aeros skipper. "And they're supposed to be professionals. Why Meto is acting like a clown is beyond me." According to Jensen, Christiansen will be fined if the behavior continues. However, Christiansen, doesn't understand why his manager is getting all worked up. "I'm just having a little fun, blowing off some steam. He doesn't need to call me out in public. And fining me would be taking it way too far. It's embarrassing to be singled out like that. I don't know. I guess I need to take things a little more seriously from now."

Game 4 the following day, a game during which Salvesen was swept, Meto apparently didn't learn his lesson.

Just days after their last outburst, Christiansen and Coy Blazer were back at it. This time, Meto was caught screwing his teammate's helmet to his locker. When Coy went to grab it, he ended up ripping the whole locker out of the wall. Manager Fredrick Jensen fined Meto, and was overheard telling him, "You'll pay for the **** repairman to come in and fix this!"

When confronted by the media, Meto was quoted as saying, "I'm sorry that my prank got out of hand. We just came off a tough loss, and I just wanted to lighten the mood."

Despite the negative press, Christiansen was an integral part in Salvesen reaching the playoffs in the first place. He played all 126 games in left-field for the Aeros this season, batting .252, smashing 19 home runs and 79 RBI during that span.

Looks like the pranks were no more than a coping mechanism for an overwhelming match-up, however, as the Salvesen Aeros were swept 4-0 by Nemessey in the South Division Series.

Pro Baseball in Atlantic Canada? Yup!
Follow the fictional Atlantic Baseball League!
goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-22-2020 at 09:04 AM.
rleb is offline   Reply With Quote