View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #11
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Kansas ain't getting the death penalty. Even though they have the Cards dead to rights, even L'ville ain't getting the death penalty.

Kansas will still take a hit if the testimony is true, because they played an ineligible player. It doesn't matter if Kansas knew or not. According to the way the NCAA sees things (not the law), playing an ineligible player, regardless of why, means those games are forfeited. And usually the tournament money is as well. Let's keep in mind that "the law" has little to do w/the way the NCAA operates. In fact, the NCAA in the past has arrogantly argued in court that no state has jurisdiction over its organization. Only when the NCAA overreaches its authority and goes beyond its stated & agreed upon methods of operation do the courts get involved.

If Gassnola's testimony is all that connects KU to this scandal, the Jayhawks program should be fine for the future. But I'm positive that the NCAA will find it interesting that Gassnola was brought into contact w/DeSousa by a KU assistant. I'm sure they will also want to explore why Gassnola would feel he let Self down in Ayton's recruitment, when Ayton chose another Adidas school in Arizona. Wasn't Gassnola employed by Adidas, not Kansas? If anything falls out from those revelations, then KU might get reason to worry.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote