View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #27
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
they may not be able to package it with real music, be we can

even if it is illegal, no one's coming to your house to make sure you don't mix copyright music with ootp on an individual level.

public domain music is junk, lol. that's why it's free. like, "row, row, row, your boat," i think.
You can do whatever you want for personal use. I mean, if you want to put your whole iTunes playlist as our intro music, and have each player walk up to a song that you already own, there's nothing wrong with that.

For me, the flaw is finding music that fits into the walk-up style. I've seen some sites that have royalty-free music that's not terrible, but they tend to be geared towards a small movie production music, so don't have the style that would fit. And since we only need like a 10-second clip, in a lot of cases we'd have to go buy the full song, and I'm far from a sound engineer so I'm limited in how much editing I can do with them.

Again, if anyone finds a site that has free or cheap royalty-free music, that would fit in for us, please point me to it and I'll see what I can. That's how a lot of the sound effects and background music has come about. I've still got a few that I have downloaded that I'll get around to adding, but still haven't found any walk-up music that I like. And trust me, I've tried to find new ones
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote