View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #97
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
It appears a member of his team (Alex P) runs simulations pitting old time fighters against the current crop and mentions them on the radio show.

Here's a better avenue. Talk to this fellow and see if he wants to set some other thing up that showcases TBCB doing what it's meant to do.

I have seen (though I do not participate in) what if contests and the like in the East Side and Boxrec forums. I have stumbled on others as well.

What I fail to understand is why Paul (who I believe is the whole 'team' now) doesn't put a little bit of effort into marketing. Yes, I know, there is no budget for it - that's why TBCB is in the BillyC challenge. But even he has to see that this is hurting not helping. It isn't my skin in this thing, but if it was I would at least take a day and scour the internet for all boxing or sports discussion forums where some sort of what-if stuff is happening. Contact all those admins and offer to set something up for them. You have uber dedicated volunteers around here that would dive in and do a great job. Cost to you - nothing.

Instead, the plan seems to be to continue tilting at a windmill that TBCB wasn't even meant to do battle with. It feels like someone is actually trying to ensure that this game never gets out of its infancy. I've been here for the better part of a decade and well over half of that time was spent loving this game and being involved up to my elbows in trying to make it better in some way. I find all of this disheartening and have wondered (more frequently as time goes by) if it isn't time to just let go.

Now, we can't even have a conversation about something that isn't working, isn't appropriate and is likely having the opposite effect of what was intended?