View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #91
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bask View Post
Looks like TB done pretty good this week.

Two no-go fights in Lebedev-Jones and Troyanovsky-Abril, but without any spoilers - looking good from results I've seen.

I feel like no one gets this.

Title Bout isn't doing poorly, the people that decide which young active fighter is going to win a given fight are doing poorly and title bout historically looks awful through no fault of its own.

Title Bout didn't do pretty well this week, the person/people deciding which young active fighter is going to win did pretty well this week and title bout looks pretty good this weekend through no effort of its own.

TB is a simulation of the past. What is being done here is to jimmy up ratings based on one person or several people's best guess about an upcoming weekend slate of cards. That isn't what this game is designed for and why TB has a dead last overall record of 65% prior to this weekend. Historically, they have been really poor guesses. I hope that turns around because Paul seems to have no marketing plan B.

But hey, Mark thinks that a 66% accuracy rate is fairly decent and I seem to be the only one that thinks this is damaging rather than enhancing the title's image so what the heck do I know.