View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #27
rogmax11
All Star Starter

This will save me a ton of work when I finally d/l the game; thanks a zillion for all your efforts, it is hugely appreciated.

On a side note, and forgive me if this is not the place for the questions to follow, is it possible to combine fictional and historical players/teams in era-contextual leagues and have the stats resemble historical norms? Let me illustrate with what I want to accomplish:

I want to start in 1901 with the 16 original faranchises plus eight new ones to wind up with 2 leagues, 2 divisions, 6 teams per division, and have the requisite fictional players be indistinguishable from the historicals. I'll want to have minor leagues in some fashion, but nothing too complex ( AAA, AA, A works fine for me ), and I dont care if fictionals arise to be stars in the bigs. I'll want to draft historicals and fictionals going forward. I'll not have interleague, will have a WS, am uncertain about DH. I would want to have a set of non-static schedules to eliminate repetitious match-ups, and dont care about the financial aspects. In this iteration, do I have a hope of realizing this universe? I just dont want to deal with expansion issues, and once history catches up with my format I will most likely discontinue drafting any but historicals ( dont know for sure, will X the bridge when I get there ).

I guess this turned into a quasi-threadjack, for which I apologize to any folk who might be offended. Im asking you, TF, because of your experience, and because you are uncommonly helpful to the community, and Im feeling overwhelmed after reading through the guides/forums. Thanks in advance, even if you cant help me clarify things. Best wishes, R.
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote