View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #18
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
I play with them on for added flavor. The one that needs to go away is wanting to sign the already-overpaid, skill-declining mid- to late-30s veteran to another extension.
You mean the most realistic one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
maybe that means an extension of someone you have developed from minors? maybe drafted?

probably some minimal quality...

if you get one you are not sure of...save then do 1 thing to see if it satisfies it... likely takes 1 year zoom to see? rinse/repeat with backup. can 'force' certain contexts to test... like 3 drafted players in minors with specific ratings values... see if low/mid/high matters etc...

e.g. someone made a thread about what a "power" hitter is... i can't recall if it's ratings of # of hr they hit that matters... that thread has some info on this particular goal. i think he fleshed it out a bit.
The hometown one is tough, since there's some weird rules to figure out what "counts" (ie. if you're playing in NYC, then signing someone with a hometown of Brooklyn should count). The best way to see who should satisfy that criteria is to use the find player feature, which I believe has a checkmark for a "hometown" player. That one will also fail sometimes if you world DB isn't set exactly right, or if there are duplicate cities or the geo coordinates are off, for example. But for any of this, the player needs to be on the MLB roster to satisfy the conditions, so signing minor league guys shouldn't count
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote