View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #37
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBod View Post
I was experiencing some very choppy 3d performance myself , but after reading this thread I set Vsync on in Nvidia control panel, found the in-game FPS limit setting and dropped that down from 120 to 60 (srsly 120 is the default?!?) and I also increased the crowd detail setting to maximum (I have a GTX970 card, so seriously doubt that I need to reduce detail settings!), and it's massively improved the chop situation.

It does still ocassionally get choppy though - I just saw it happen with bases loaded after each preceeding at bat was smooth, so maybe it's a CPU / calculation load exceeding a gfx load delay type thing or something?
do you have a 120hz monitor connected? that would be a reason why it picked 120 instead of 60. but, not sure. not likely a true 120hz anyway 99% of the time it's marketed that way. (marketing guy: "gee, lets add some useless frames out of thin air and call it an improved picture..." some other chump: " well, i guess that will help with the crappy lcd tech we chose to work with since it has terrible ghosting problems, horrid pixel respone time and all around junky physical properties for full motion video.. but great for watches and calculators")

since it's just spectating and not like some 3d 1st-person shoot'em up with the camera view constantly shifting position, you don't even need vsync for a good image, for those with performance issues getting to ~60fps ==> 24-30 will be full motion. tearing shouldn't occur...

Last edited by NoOne; 06-02-2017 at 04:57 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote