View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 AM   #21
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
I don't think it's a problem with old machines. I have a GTX 1070, 16GB of ram, a SSD, and a core i5 CPU. Without the changes here I get really bad stuttering, but not in every game and stadium.
you may need to use vsync... a really nice card may try to run a weak 3d app at insane FPS... thottle it with vsync. i've seen my vid card (really i heard it) go nuts before with an old 3d game (~10-15 years old or so). little bas%$# was running at 330fps, i could have cooked dinner on the GPU. i had to replace the thermal gel because i didn't notice in time... thank god i noticed by then! i caused some slight damage because it idles 2C hotter than it used to, lol.

may still be something else, liek you say, but worth a try. tone down the Anisotropic Effect in teh settings... it's maxed out by default.

HA! i jsut looked it up.. .you are using a $400 vid card on OOTP? LOL... okay.. does your mobo have a built in card? i think nvida will allow you to use the onboard vid card for some applications of choice through their software suite -- might only be for laptops, i could be wrong... you should try it on ootp... you may very well have overkill and that really can be a problem.

otherwise for you, i might suggest maxing all settings out with that card, lol. in their nvida suite as well in the game (should be able to do a profile per game in the suite.) My vid card used to poop out while watching a movie but handle a modern 3d game... i kept turning quality down... then i realized the actual problem and boosted the quality up... no more vpu recoveries while watching a 2d video file (also had to mess with voltage in teh xml files ...AMD producsts are such crap in my experience, lol.). i hate amd... did i say that?

Last edited by NoOne; 03-27-2017 at 03:20 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote