View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 08:06 AM   #35
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 19th, 1985

Dave Linton came back. Things are okay with his son. Thank goodness.

Today we have Atlee Hammaker facing off with Jay Tibs of the Reds. Atlee is coming off a great start and Tis is coming off a bad one.

Let's go!

I led off with s ad little clunker in front of the plate but when their catcher Don Werner threw it to Dan Driessen at 1st, he dropped it. I'll take the error.
I stole 2nd ont he very first pitch. That is 4 for me this year. One batter later I tried to steal 3rd.
I got greedy and paid for it. Wasted chances.

I had my first defensive play on the 2nd, handling a grounder by Paul Householder with no problems.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Kenny Smith on 2nd. RBI single, baby! Then I stole 2nd again! I was stranded there but that is better than trying to steal 3rd and getting thrown out.

We were up 1-0.

In the 5th I came up with nobody on and two out. I singled again! Then I stole 2nd again! Three stolen bases so far this game! Stranded again, but hey, we're winning!

Bill Almon grounded to me in the 6th and reached with a single. There was no play. It was good that I could even stop it. He didn't come around.

In the 7th Nick Esasky grounded out to me with Eric Davis on 2nd. I got Esasky but Davis moved up and got to the 3rd with only one out.

In the 8th I came up with one out and nobody on... and I got my 3rd straight hit! My base running paid more dividends as Werner tried to pick me off and threw it behind Driessen, letting me move up on an error. Chris Brown struck out but then Chili Davis put one in the left field seats! We were now up 3-0!

Ron Davis came in to close things out in the 9th. He gave up a solo homer to Eric Davis but he still did enough. Giants over the Reds 3-1!

With my 6 stolen bases, I am tied for the league lead.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote