View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 AM   #33
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 16th, 1985

Today we had Terry Mulholland facing their Eric Show.

It was the first start of the year for Terry, while Show was going on short rest. I do not know why.

I grounded out to Alan Wiggins at 2nd to start off the game. I really need to start hitting.

In the 2nd Kevin McReynolds hit a solo shot to give the Padres the lead. I got a Wiggins grounder to end the inning, but not before they had scored again to make it 2-0.

I led off the 3rd by grounding right back to Show. They scored again in the 3rd but we crossed twice in the 4th (including a Rob Deer homer), narrowing the lead to 3-2.

I finally got it out of the infield in the 5th... flying out to McReynolds in centre.

Wiggins grounded to to me again that inning. But the Padres scored more that frame - including a liner past me by Carmelo Martinez which would have ended it and saved a run. The Padres lead 5-2.

Pat Perry came in to pitch the 6th after we had hit for Terry. He has done well so far this year.

The Pads had pinch hit for Show so now Dave Rozema was pitching and I was his first challenge... and he walked me. Chris Brown tried to bun the over but he popped it up and I had to retreat. With Chili up I took matters into my own hands and grabbed my 3rd steal of the season. Chili singled in the infield and I moved to 3rd. Deer grounded out but did the job as I crossed. 5-3 Padres.

We may have scored one but in the bottom of the 7th Perry gave up his first run and San Diego led 6-3.

I walked again in the 8th, this time with men on 1st and 2nd, but we couldn't get anyone in.

Mark Davis pitched the 8th for us. I took a throw from Kenny Smith to try and nail George Hinshaw stealing, but no luck. Ozzie Guillen scored him.

We went into the 9th trailing 7-3.

We couldn't get it done and now we were sub-.500 at 3-4.

We had a travel day before heading to Cincinnati.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote