View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #60
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

On the first leg of my Thanksgiving flight, I accomplished two things.

1. Played through the wildcard series with my Elsdorf Argonauts (fictional league) and swept it 2-0. We only barely squeaked into the playoffs at all, blowing our lead over the next team down the wildcard list in the last few weeks of the season and winning the tiebreaker game against Pacific Honkballiga North rivals the Gelderland Mariners 2-1. We then proceeded to blast the PHL South's Halberstadt Soldiers 5-1 and 4-1. Next up are the Mannheim Challengers, who knocked off the PHL North's division winner, the Emmeloord Sailors. A five-game series, and the season series stands at 4-5. Unfortunately, my laptop battery won't take another game, and I like to manage more of the playoff games than I do during the regular season.

2. Finished week-aware scheduling. It runs very much slower than the same schedule without week awareness, which I expected. The most time-consuming part of the schedule generation engine depends entirely on how many slots each team has, since, to attempt to avoid stepping on toes, it does complicated cross-checking for each team and all its opponents' open slots.

It does not, however, make the scheduling engine work any better than before; roughly the same number of off days are required. (Though some schedules do work a little better.) Before I do the next release, I want to look into some more advanced collision avoidance, which should allow for more compact schedules all around. And, since I was expecting the week-awareness part to take a lot longer than it did, I have nothing but time this week.

More news to come as it happens.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote