View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #60
moore4807
All Star Starter

Oct 8th - Trade Interest

FLA- I'm talking game planning against Philly tonight with the coaches over coffee in the hotel restaurant, when my cell phone rings and it's Jo (the shapely and attractive office assistant back in Sunrise), who after a few questions then tells me a man named MacTavish called and he just wants to talk.

I quickly excuse myself and go back into my hotel room, knowing its Craig MacTavish and he is Edmonton's GM. Maybe my first trade offer? I have put feelers out and something is coming back a week later? Excellent!!!

After greetings and salutations, Craig (he told me to call him that...) says he hears I'm unhappy with a few players on my team and he's is in a similar position. I ask who and he coyly replies "I called you to find out who you have available..." I see..." is my non-witty reply (wishing I didn't sound like a kid asking for his first date...) Finally I figure enough of this and just tell him that I was considering Captain Brian Campbell and Scottie Upshall, but I now am keeping Campbell as he has proved himself worthy of his contract. Craig replies asking if there is anybody else and I tell him everyone is available for the right price...

The call concludes with him e-mailing his NHL list of players available to my phone and asking for the same from me. I return to the meeting and tell the coaches and immediately Coach Ramsay blurts "Hemsky!". After a few seconds both Coach McCabe and Coach Pauwelyn are agreeing we could/should pursue this opportunity to upgrade our offense. I assign Coach Pauwelyn and call scout Frank Mahavolich to look at Hemsky and report back ASAP.

Since I figure MacTavish is going to try to take advantage of the new guy, I call the owner and tell him I want to make a trade offer of Upshall for Hemsky. Of course the first question is "how much more is Hemsky?" I didn't do that homework (BAD GM!!!) and I tell him its around a million point five, but I would have to check. (luckily I hit the number on the head, thank you lucky stars!) Surprising me the owner tells me as long as I don't CAP out the budget and call him before making the trade, he's ok with it just as long as I don't give up any draft picks... I agree and hang up. As I leave the room I send the e-mail to MacTavish asking if he will take Upshall for Hemsky straight up. There has been no reply and its just before game time...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote