View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #41
moore4807
All Star Starter

Week six 9/23 - 9/30

Locally - No news and the rumbling quickly died down. Only a few die hard fans have shown up to the two a day practices. I'm working the bottom feeders hard and I explained to the team that I expect the veterans to get themselves ready for the seasons start. Captain Brian Campbell really stepped up and took the leadership reigns on this team and even has the veterans showing up for extra practice time. Marcel Goc is providing good leadership to the young players and acting like another assistant coach on the ice during practice. Only Scottie Upshall has been a poor showing and not a team player this week, perhaps due to the trade rumors of last week. He denies any problems and quickly deflects the conversation to other things.

Around the NHL -
TOR - Colton Orr is out for 3 weeks after developing shoulder soreness.
NYI - Matt Moulson had to be helped off the ice after apparently suffering a ankle sprain. He is estimated to be out three to four weeks.
WIN - Paul Postma made news for all the wrong reasons this week, he had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher after hitting the boards during skating drills. He is believed to suffered a back injury and trainers think he will be out for three weeks.
ARZ has made trade news, this time swapping with EDM. The Oilers are sending 24 y/o RW Antti Tyrvainen (6.0e/6.5e) to the Coyotes for 31 y/o RD Rostislav Klesla (6.0d/6.0d) Analysts are calling this an even swap, only providing CAP relief to ARZ as Klesla was carrying a S2.975M salary anchor around his neck.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote