View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 12:39 AM   #71
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I'm back in here with an update for the Columbus Explorers. The original was probably the most "out-there" of the logos I'd designed, and not just because it's in space. Waaay too much going on there, and a lot of it not very good after revisiting in my opinion. This is a big-time simplification and, I hope, one giant leap forward.

In making changes, I was inspired by NASA insignia, particularly mission patches. I think it's a big upgrade, hopefully y'all do too.

Most of the "scene" of the original is gone, which yeah, there was too much going on there before. 17 stars at the top represent Ohio's status as the 17th state, 9 stars at the bottom for your starting nine, and that totals 26 for your 26-man roster! Check out that synergy!

All the colors have been a little washed out in this update - the green is a little faded from the original very bright color, the yellow has been replaced by a Vegas gold and there's a lot less of it, and even the black is more of a dark gray.

The font of the logo set is actually the same (it's called Mayeka Bold) but everything is now uppercase instead of lowercase.

Some interesting stuff here I hope. I really like the sleeve patch that came out of this - it reuses the starry Ohio from the original logo.

Last edited by Ruwisc; 05-04-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote