View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #13
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
okay simpler -- but you have to do hands-on changes anytime you autocalculate modifiers...

simply reduce resulting HR modifiers by x% each time AFTER and autocalculate. a reduction of ~10% should be roughly a 10% reduction in HR.. it may take soem trial and error and sometimes it may shift a few thousandths this way and that for the best modifier after the deduction too. (not below about volatility... don't trust one year's resulting totals as "bad" or "good", but rather insufficient data to draw any strong conclusions. if it's "too far" off, that'd be a hint, but yo have to have an idea of volatility to make that assumption.

don't autocalculate too often. it will cause very flat results year-to-year.

the other simple thing to understand is that league average and individual results may not both align to what you want to see...

e.g. you want RL 2019ish averages for various stats league wide, but that may result in 70hr players etc... if you care more about individual results, that's how i'd make my decisions on modifiers and any adjustments you want to make with them.

same with preference to league totals averaging out -- just be know there is volatility in results... a "6000" hr league doesn't always reach that high... some down years may be ~5400 or so... or 6600 in an up year... depends on cumulative draft quality for last ~10-20 years. not easy to predict without a lot of attention.

all about your preferences as far as how you attack it... the previous post explains how to do it 1 time, and it's fixed from that point on just with an autocalulate... it seems complicated, but i tried to step through a process to do it... with game up and that thread up to help, i bet you can do it either way. for now, do the simpler.. once you grasp how it works with experience, i bet it becomes apparent to you.

figure most stats can vary ~10% or even more for something like SB attempts. most of the main stats are +/- 10% give or take in a 30team league -- both leagues added together -- important to what i am saying. a smaller league will likely have greater volatility that i cannot guesstimate for you.
I will have to mess around with what you suggested and see if I can get some satisfying results
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote