View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
David, this is the beta version, which is why I am raising the issue now, and did so in the new features thread for 20, it may just need tweaking.

But thanks, I don't know why I didn't think to look at the other rosters. The answer is no. They are nothing comparable - good teams, a little better than what we would have expected in OOTP 18 and 19 with their ridiculously inadequate player lists, but nothing like what I got.

Which means the problem is an AI drafting one, an old story, not that the whole population is made up of Hall of Famers all of a sudden. It means I got maybe one-third of the great players available all on one team. So the AI draft engine needs to work better, but the good news is that the general quality of random debut is slightly better for inaugural drafts.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I was really worried that drastic changes were made.

One other thing, are you seeing strange contact ratings. Saw earlier today where someone said they started a random and Bonds had a super low contact rating and hit like .099 for a season. Can't for the life of me find that post again though.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote