Thread: Bug Reporting
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #21
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
Playing historical seasons, starting in 2016, so there are two wild card teams in each league. If there is a tie at the top of the division and the teams' records would qualify them as the #1 and #2 wild card teams, both show up as such in the Wild Card Standings. Most importantly, the Games-Behind-Leader for the remaining teams is wrong, as it doesn't take into account the fact that the true second wild card team is the third one in the list. Thus, my team went from 5 games out of the second wild card spot to 15 games out to 5 games out, simply because the division leaders were tied for one game.
I wonder how it would be listed in real life. Do they go to a tie breaker during the season in this situation?

I just figured when I read it that If teams have identical records and are tied for first neither is really in possession of first place so in essence they are both wildcards until one of them gains the lead in the division and then everyone bumps up a spot. I also realize I don't know
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote