View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #196
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaldwi1 View Post
First time I've played this game, been going for a few days, and I'm having, well, a few problems.

a) My team strikes out all the time. In fact, I see players in general striking out way too much, I don't think I've faced a reliever than less than 1 strikeout per inning, even if they are bad.

b) in games, there are way too many home runs. I've not played a single game yet without a home run. I've played like 30 games. That's insane. In simmed games, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

c) I guess I just don't see why some players just don't perform. I'm an Orioles fan, play as them always. Jason Hammel hasn't given up more than 20 HRs in his career and he goes and gives up 30 through 15 starts. It's killing me.

d) I've never seen so many wild pitches! Every game, there's a wild pitch.

I like the idea of this game, but it makes it less fun for me when things continuously happen that make me feel like I'm at an unfair advantage. I have a gold glove catcher but lead the league in passed balls kindof things.
Sounds like your league total modifiers may need adjusting. Without actual numbers it is hard to tell. 30 games also isn't a huge sample size. Being new there will probably be a lot of things you don't know about that allow you to adjust that will make your stat output right in line with real life +\- %2.

At the end of spring training you should run auto-calc on your league and each of your minor leagues. This feature runs three seasons in the background in less than a minute and adjusts your LTM (league total modifiers) so your league will perform in the way you wish. This alone shoud bring your k's, hr, wp, pb, 2b, 3b, bb, avg, sb, sb success, and a ton of other stats into line with real life. A search of auto-calc here and a trip to the manual should get you well on your way to a realistic baseball world.

edit: To be clear each level has its own league totals and league total modifiers so you should run autocalc for all levels in your baseball world (MLB, AAA, AA, A, SA, RA,).

The sim engine and the engine that you use when you play out a game are the same engine. There is no "cheat code" the AI uses in OOTP.

Last edited by Sweed; 04-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote