View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #71
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place but I thought I would mention my random debut since it is a little bit unique.
I did not want a league where some of history’s better player’s would already be in there 30s at league start and I did not want a league where a cup of coffee player would play until they were 38 or so.
I used neutralized stats, 3 years double weight recalc.. Weaken adjust set to 225/100 and 35/20, these numbers seem to work for me. I use 1941 as my base year every year. 5 round draft, 144 game schedule, injuries off, fatigue medium.

What I did was start a standard historical game in 1897, turned off player miss seasons and players retire according to history AND for development I set aging to 4. Yes to 4. That way players that were out of baseball by age 27 or 28 IRL would be free agents or out of baseball in my league by age 33 or 34.
I fast played my game to spring of 1901, went to league functions and erased league history, career stats, etc., had inaugural draft and reset rookie draft to start importing players 1901-1980, I did not want players from steroid era. There were about 700 players available for inaugural draft. The starting lineups for the teams where pretty much what you would expect if you started a league in 1901. There were about 10 average players in starting lineups that were out of baseball in real life by 1901. I was somewhat worried that a couple players might have out of wack stats since I was using 1941 stats but they were all reasonable, no weird outliers. I am now in 1905 and everything seems to be going well. Billy Williams, Jim Fergosi, Curt Flood, Red Ames, and others have now joined my league at their rookie age.
Of course I am not saying this is the best way to play, just another way to play that is working for me.
Hope you found this somewhat interesting.
Please keep us informed on your progress. Very interesting setup.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote