View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #539
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 30th, 1987

We are finishing off with the Mets and they are throwing up yet another top arm - Ron Darling (16-4, 2.35).

The Giants have a great arm of our own - Bruce Ruffin (16-8, 2.85).

I have gone a mere 2 for 24 vs Darling.

We got a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Lenny Dykstra and Wally Backman as the first two outs of the game.

I led off our half by working a full count walk. Unfortunately I ran into a pitch out.

I next came up with one out in the 3rd. I struck out.

I led off in the 6th, still in a scoreless game, at outran an infield hit for a single. Mike Aldrete followed me with a double play ball.

I got the 1st out in the 7th off a Larry Parrish grounder. I then did the same to Dave Magadan for the 3rd.

The Mets finally cracked the egg when Darling led off the 8th with a triple and then Dykstra singled him home. Later Dykstra scored on a Parrish sac fly. Darryl Strawberry scored on a Carlton Fisk single. I ended things with another Magadan grounder.

Mets lead 3-0

John Rabb answered back with a lead off homer in the bottom frame. I came up with one out and struck out again.

Mets lead 3-1

The Mets were back at it in the 9th when pinch hitter Greg Vaughn scored on a Strawberry single. Then Backman scored on a sac fly by Kevin Mitchell.

Mets lead 5-1

We weren't able to score in the 9th and we had the loss.

I went 1 for 3 with a single, a walk, and a caught stealing.

Tomorrow the Expos come to town.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote