View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #126
old timer
Hall Of Famer

As you can see from the final standings, we won 119 but that was only 5th best in the league. So the playoffs should present a nice challenge.

Our 1st competitor was the Penticton Bobcats who led the league in R with 1124 R. Their pitching was 3rd in the conference, but is a little weaker than mine, in my opinion. For some reason, we've always done well against this team. We won a division title when we were in the same division, we've beaten them in the playoffs before and won the season series against them this season going 5-1.

I feared this would finally be the year where they would do us in with that awesome offense they have, but somehow we managed to come back from a 2-1 deficit to win the series. We won the final game in 11 innings. We also outscored them 30-20. If this person is still actively managing his team, he's got to hate us by now.

We're now facing the WhoDats, a near whale that's one of asaintsfan's secondary teams. They beat us 5-1 in the regular season, but the last 3 wins by them were of the walk-off variety. In my opinion, we match up well against them (this team is much weaker than his Bree's team) so it will hopefully be a good series. If we make it to the WS, we'll most likely face the very tough Brooklyn Dodgers (who beat us 2-1).

I was pleased with how we did against the top teams (the 5 teams that won over 110 games). We finished 12-12 against them which is a nice improvement over how we did against such teams several season back.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote