View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #123
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I am officially sick of hearing people say that the game offers no challenge for people that have a "whale" team. My roster adds up to an overall rating of 2,471. I have multiple cards (3) that cost more than 300K on the AH. So daves says I am a mega-whale and I accept his label.

For me personally, the constant disdain for us whales has become quite annoying. I have stopped posting in this thread when I do well or acquire new cards because those people must think I am just bragging about all of the money that I spent. It probably just fuels more hate threads. Those people seem to believe that I must be bored stiff with winning. Here's how my week went...

I won 133 games and had home field in my conference. I lost the first round of the playoffs to a team that won 111. I beat this team 4 of 6 in the regular season. Here's the synopsis of the three losses:

1) His perfect Ed Walsh beat my perfect Cy Young 2-0.
2) His perfect Hank Aaron hit a 2-run homer in the eighth off my perfect Lee Smith for a 6-4 win.
3. His perfect Rube Waddell beat my perfect Ed Walsh 4-3.

So the game is boring for whales? If it is so easy and so boring, how come I am done for the week and it is only mid-afternoon? Do I sound bored? Do I sound like there is no challenge in the game for me? Am I supposed to get rid of all of my perfect cards so that I can lose sooner? I want to know how many more perfect cards I need to get that "rocking chair" championship streak that they say us whales enjoy. I only have nine slots left. Oh yeah, it must be my poor strategy settings and lack of skill that caused his Ed Walsh to throw a shutout against my Cy Young, or caused his Hank Aaron to hit a clutch home run off one of the five best relievers in the game.

Color me annoyed.

But NOT bored.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote