View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #5656
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Still very much alive...though the interaction is way down, as we can all see.

The game engine is obviously lacking. While there are many toggles and switches that give the feel of control, I seriously doubt that they actually affect game play in any way. (Makes me miss SOM a bit).

That said, there have been some interesting things this week. Most recent game for the Bears was 2-2 going to the 16th, at which point Stephensville scored 10.

Keep the faith, OL-friends.

Makes me miss SOM a lot. I think this game pales by comparison in all respects except the price. I'm just not a big enough baseball fan anymore to want to spend the time and money.

I made a quick perusal of P405 and D412 and we're down to 17 teams each. Interest really seems to be fading. To be honest, it was the first time I checked this week, and I wasn't even tempted during the week. Given that, this will be the last week for crowns and all time standings, so the second Founders Cup will also be awarded as well. I turned back to other pursuits and found it more rewarding. I'm thinking of going to visit Ubon Rachathani, Thailand in a couple of years ( I was stationed there in 1973-73) and have become curious to see what it's like after all these years, so I've been working on learning to read and write Thai, as well as trying to regain some speaking and listening skills. Marie 'n Me also need to record a couple of original songs, so I want to convert a spare room into a make-shift studio. Also have at least a dozen song ideas in various stages of completion that have been ignored for months and months. Hope this isn't too abrupt, but this week kind of opened my eyes. I have enjoyed OL and especially the people I've met, but it feels like time to move on. That said, I will leave my teams there and will continue to open packs on Sunday mornings with my meager earnings going forward. An hour or two a week is about as far as my interest goes, at this point. Thanks to all of you.

My, this is getting long, but I just want to add that, for this week, it would be helpful to have final OL standings for gold, silver, and bronze, if applicable. Thanks in advance. One final note of interest is the sudden appearance of the Fancher Creek Pirates in D412.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote