View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #380
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Made a couple small changes. For the SmallBallers I have been eyeing 93 Tug McGraw as a bullpen upgrade. I only have one really good lefty (Willie Hernandez) and since my park favors lefties heavily it seemed to make sense to add some lefty depth. JJ Putz has been my worst performing reliever for a while now so he's gone. Unfortunately that card is locked from my Kaz Sasaki mission so can't sell. I was HOPING to spend my bank on 95 Charlie Gehringer instead, since my Pesky isn't locked and would sell at a good price. But that Gehringer card is like my white whale. He seems like a perfect fit for the team, but pops up on the AH very rarely....only when I don't have enough PP. So I went with McGraw instead and am saving up from close to zero PP now.

For the SabreCats I hadn't really planned on making any move but someone on discord wanted my Huston Street card. He hadn't really performed that great for me (don't like his low control) but collections got his price up to 20k. So I did guy a favor selling at market price while grabbing Mike Schooler card for about the same price, which I think will be a nice upgrade over Street anyway. I probably could have asked for more, but that community was helpful to me in the past. Anyways if I can nab an upgrade at no cost while helping someone....seems like a win-win.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote