View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #32
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
A couple responses;

1) eldur00; Take me for example. I've spent maybe $200 total and that investment got me teams that rose fairly quickly, were fun to watch, and earned a lot of APs early to keep me interested. But 21 weeks into it, I'm done because I would have to spend (at least) $500 to even see a blip in the radar. However, if I could reset and start over? I would likely spend that $200 again because the improvement I would see is likely going to be more noticeable that spending on the current teams, and it would give me another few months to enjoy the team building again.

2) I wouldn't argue about a small charge to restart, but I have to wonder; is it a bad thing if people were to reset 12 times to get a team they liked? Again, it doesn't hurt anyone, and they certainly are not going to pull a perfect level team no matter how many times they reset.

3) As far as a charge, I would think more like $10 would be reasonable - 25% of the game cost - for each reset is a charge was necessary.

Just something to think about.

I don't think there needs to be a fee. The team that's generated from the newbie packs can have decent cards, but it's not the end all be all. If the reason people want a fee is because they are afraid people will reroll until they get a valuable gold card to sell on the AH and get ahead that way, simply make the cards from the newbie packs unsellable.
As for re-spending the same amount of money to get into the exact same position you're in...it's your prerogative for sure, but I can't see many people willingly shelling out the same amount of money just to be stuck in the same place they were in to start with.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote