View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

If by chance you use free agency, please let me know if you see too many guys starting the season unsigned. I've begun using the reserve clause, because it was driving me nuts seeing really good players starting April as free agents often not signing till mid April or later. Then when they do sign it's always a 1 year deal and they end up doing the same thing again the next year. Often times the period from January 1st to opening day flies by with hardly a signing. Preseason to opening day is really dead in terms of free agents signings. I would love it if someone else would confirm that they are seeing this as well. If it's user error on my part, I would love to fix it.

As an example, in my current league before I switched to the reserve clause, a 28 year old Pete Rose was unemployed a week into the 94 season. He had a decent inaugural season in 93. Before switching over to the reserve clause, I ran a free agent draft. Phoenix nabbed Rose off the list and he hit number 2 in their lineup all season.

In the league I was playing prior to this one, Joe Mauer had a nice inaugural season, then remained unsigned for all of the second season. A team signed him for the third season and he a really nice season. When the 4th season rolled around, he was once again unsigned.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote