View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 05:30 PM   #98
Jared
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to see more awards...such as a Relief Award (since I've never seen a closer win the Cy Young in OOTP) and the Silver Slugger Award for the best player at each position in each league. I like the idea of a player entering the hall of fame with a specific team, and I like even more the idea of a team hall of fame that I can set the bar for (for example 300 HR hit with my team, not just 300 total).

Also, when I start a new league, I have 35 year olds setting rookie records because it's the first year of the league. This may not be a problem for some people, but if you look at the salary report they all have years of major league experience, even though the league just started. Two ways to fix this, my preference would be to only allow people the game calculates as having 0 prior years of experience to set the rookie records, or alternatively, those with blue stars (indicating prospect status).

I'd also like a way to see player's career numbers by month or home/road splits and all those nice little things in the Situational section without looking through all the Almanacs and adding it up.

AI issue: I've noticed that a few weeks into the season, there's quite a few middle relievers with 5 or 6 ERA ratings on the free agent wire, who I can sign to 1 year contracts typically around $450,000, and then trade to other teams for top rated prospects. Other teams need to check the free agent list regularly; if they wanted the reliever enough to trade a 4.5 star prospect they would sign him the second he was released.

I'd also like to see a waiver option for after the trade deadline passes, and the ability to change the postseason roster between each series. Sorry for the rambling post, and thanks to Markus and the rest of the OOTP team for a fabulous game.
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote