View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #5
Empty
Minors (Single A)

Oct 5, 2017 - Oct 12, 2017

October 5th, 2017

Minnesota Wild (0-0-0) @ Detroit Red Wings (0-0-0)

Opening night at the LCA was pretty rough. We spent the first half of the game scoreless until Chris Stewart broke the tie midway through the 2nd. We were outshot 18-2 in the 2nd period and had 13 penalty minutes throughout the game. Niederreiter would score for Minnesota once more in the 3rd to give the Wild a 2-0 victory. Martin Frk did fight Matt Dumba towards the end of the 3rd period but lost. Our 2nd line of Nyquist-Larkin-Frk was noticeably bad so there will be some changes made before our next game.

October 7th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-1-0) @ Ottawa Senators (0-0-1)

I moved Dylan Larkin to the wing and bumped Frans Nielsen up the to the 2nd line. Jimmy Howard is going to start this game in Ottawa.

Game 2 wasn't much better than our first. We started out well in the first 10 minutes but fell apart once Mike Hoffman opened the scoring for the Senators with a powerplay goal. In less than two minutes later Mark Stone would add another goal for the Senators giving them a 2 goal lead going into the 2nd. We were pretty evenly matched throughout the remainder of the game but Mike Hoffman would add another goal in the 2nd period to put the Wild ahead by three. Our offensive has been struggling to get shots and create scoring chances so there will definitely be some big changes coming there.

October 10th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-2-0) @ Dallas Stars (0-1-1)

Evegeny Svechnikov is back from an injury sustained during the preseason. He will slot in on the 2nd line with Nielsen and Athanasiou. Larkin has been moved up to the 1st line with Zetterberg and Mantha. Petr Mrazek is back in net for game 3 in Dallas.

In the first period we faced 22 shots from the Dallas stars, 3 of which went in (Benn, Faksa, Honka). Despite playing in our own end the entire period we still managed 6 shots on goal and Luke Witkowski broke ended our two game goal drought with an even strength goal assisted by Luke Glendening and Darren Helm. The Stars would continue to dominate throughout the remainder of the game adding two more goals (Janmark, Honka). Riley Sheahan would score midway through the 3rd but we would only register 16 shots throughout the game. I want to believe that missing Tatar is contributing to our lack of offense but it shouldn't be quite this bad. Are we going to be this year's Avalanche?

October 12th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-3-0) @ Arizona Coyotes (2-1-0)

Martin Frk has been scratched for today's game against the Coyotes. David Booth will rejoin the lineup after being scratched for our last game against Ottawa. Petr Mrazek has been playing well so he will get the nod once again. I also adjusted our offensive tactics to try to generate some more scoring chances.

In game 4 we opened up the scoring for the first time this season with a breakaway goal early in the 2nd period by Gustav Nyquist. It was only goaled scored in the game as have our first W of the year. We were definitely out played the Coyotes who outshot us 34-17. Petr Mrazek is the only reason we won that game.

I noticed it back in FHM3 but I feel like when I actually play the games my team always ends up doing terrible shot wise and goal wise, no matter how good we are. It might be because my coaching attributes aren't that great but I think for now on I will just simulate the games.

Last edited by Empty; 10-19-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Empty is offline   Reply With Quote