View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #31
SFG
Minors (Single A)

Top-shelf QB is the top priority. You simply can't win consistently without one. Think of what Green Bay would be like without Aaron Rodgers... maybe 4-12? 5-11?

After that, I like the idea of building a team around big, strong bodies. Controlling the line of scrimmage is important.

I also like having a lot of draft picks. In OOTP, I enable draft pick trading and love having multiple early-round picks. I like keeping my team young and low-payroll, so whenever a guy is declining and/or entering a contract year, I like to send him off to some team willing to fork over the greatest value in the terms of a draft pick (or prospect I really like). Makes having a top-flight farm system easy with a steady stream of young, cheap talent.

In the NFL, I think the second- and third-round is where a lot of the value in the draft resides many years, so I like the idea of trading back when the board has weak or multiple relatively equivalent options available for the sake of acquiring more picks or draft choices of greater value in a future year.