View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiburon View Post
I've been doing a historical league and the numbers are high, but I don't really mind. I started in '98 so as to start the Diamondbacks from scratch. Quite a few players have hit 50+ since I started. In '98 Sammy Sosa had 51, Mark McGwire had 66, and Manny Ramirez and A-Rod hit 52. In '99, Ken Griffey Jr. broke McGwire's new HR record and hit 68, Jose Canseco hit 51, Jim Edmonds hit 50, Sammy Sosa hit 51, and Jeff Bagwell hit 50. Oddly, Jim Edmonds didn't end up playing in 2000. His contract with Anaheim expired and nobody signed him before the season started.

In 2000, there were even more home runs. For the third straight year, the home run record was broken, by Todd Helton of all people. Helton hit 75(!) and won the triple crown that year, batting .412 with 183 RBI. He also obliterated the single-season record for Total Bases with 548, as well as breaking the single-season record for hits in a single season (he had 274). Mark McGwire hit 67, Barry Bonds hit 52, and Russell Branyan and Fernando Tatis hit 52.

Some heavy stuff lol
lol yeah that's just the reason why I want to fix it

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote