View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #104
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

There is no doubt OOTP is an incredible simulation. The fact it is mentioned with and compared to FM on a consistent basis tells you all you need to know. I don't even compare it with other baseball simulations such as Baseball Mogul or PureSim because I don't think those games are even worthy of discussion when compared to the likes of OOTP and FM. (as far as sports simulations go) Front Office Football no longer cuts the mustard for me, and neither does many of the other basketball simulations out there. FHM is in it's infancy, so we will have to see what becomes of it. So to me, it all comes down to two great sports management simulations...I did know that Markus had worked at SI for a period of time, and really had hoped that relationship could have lasted. I think it was that relationship that's responsible for the version of OOTP we have today, as opposed to the way it was back in version 6.5 and before. It was a tough start for Markus in 2006 when the first SI version of OOTP came out (and bot do I remember the complaining...and believe it or not I wasn't one of those voices then) , but without that first step, it would not have evolved as it has. I believe SI had such a profound influence on Markus' programming, (and correct me if I am wrong) that the merger of SI and OOTP is why OOTP is so great today. For those of you who always say Markus doesn't need to copy what FM does, you should realize it already has in many ways...and that is a good thing.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote