View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #102
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
FM is awesome, and the people who work on it are awesome too. I know most of the guys (since I've worked with SI from 2004 through 2006, for those who do not know) and they have incredible skills & knowledge.

Here is the difference between OOTP and FM:

FM simulates Soccer, which is incredibly popular in Europe and other parts of the world. And simulation/management games are incredibly popular in Europe and have a rich & long history. The result: FM ships over a million copies per year.

OOTP simulates Baseball, which is incredibly popular in North America, parts of South/Middle America and some Asian countries. Simulation/Management games in these regions are about as popular as Curling action games. The result: OOTP sells a tiny fraction of the volume FM does.

That's why SI employs (my estimate) 50+ people, and we only employ a handful. Enough said.
NOT enough said. Despite that disparity, you put out a game that is just as good and that is much better in many aspects. That's a Hell of an achievement. Well done, Markus, and be proud; your handful is as just as good as their horde.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote