View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
Reed
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
When OOTP first came out, I don't think Markus ever could have predicted the unique landscape that exists right now. Right now there is no PC Baseball outside of OOTP. No text based games, no 'The Show' to fill the needs of the casual player. Nothing. RBI Baseball and Mega Baseball would have been laughed out of the room in 2005. The genre has totally regressed. Take away OOTP Baseball and PC baseball gaming is back in 1989, just with better graphics.

So with this complete void out there, a dollar generator now is going to make a lot more than a dollar generator would have made 15 years ago. Yes, Markus's and OOTP's vision was to make the best baseball game, but they're not monks. I'm sure they all like hookers, cocaine, and 80's style speedboats as much as the rest of us. I wish I was in his position right now.

Anyway, I think the market could certainly handle two separate releases by the same company in this environment because there is nothing else out there. It would be giving OOTP a bigger net.
Just wanted to say this post gave me a good chuckle, thanks.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote