View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #20
clamel
All Star Starter

Hm, weather neutral ?. Never thought about that. And only in MLB citites. How much do this interfere ? How do I do this ?

Isn't the AI evaluation contra the adjust figures very much related ?
If the AI leans heavy on ratings or on stats after the fact of adjusting players.

My biggest headache is always to see too many cup-of-coffee players brake into important starter roles the longer one plays.
I do use Disable any development and lately using retire historical, since I think these two factor play some roles in bringing in those odd players.

With a full minor league input the AI have a huge load of minors to select and bring up to the majors. Hence making them important players.
Wouldn't lower the adjust sets actually bring even more "unknown" minors players to potential stardom ?.

Perhaps the biggest position player that is in this problem is the catcher. Many minors are brought to the majors that really never made it any longer time among the big boys.
Second is the pitchers. Too many strange starting lineups in a few years after start, not to mention my great agony of having bullpens with almost all lefties.

Addition the Pitcher Stamina based on career is something I don't use. I use 1-year since I fear that some starters that converted to closers and back again will play out very different. John Smoltz of course is the best pick. How would his year of turning into closer happen. He missed 1 year and came back as a bonafide closer for 4 years then turned starter again.
I have yet to reach Mr. Smoltz critical years in my try-outs so perhaps it will be OK.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote