View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

yes, you can create a text file to import more than one player.
you will need the player ID followed by a coma and then a space and then the year you want him to import. i believe you can only import players for one year at a time, but i am not certain, as i've never tried to do anything but the one year.
you will need to say if they are for the draft or FA. Everything is pretty much the same as regular one player import, except you leave the top line blank, put the year you want the players in the second line, be certain of your data base and be certain to check the box for minor leagues as well. Then you click on the line that says something about text file. (i'm not at my game computer, so the verbiage escapes me at the moment.) You need to save the text file to your computer before you try to import and then use that location when it asks you where the text file is located. Below is a very small sample of what you need and what the text file would look like.

foster049wil, 1922
mendez049jos, 1922

good luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 02-24-2018 at 08:50 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote