View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #10
Anthropoid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I finished the 1902 season and won the championship. Yaahh!

I'm finding the way that hiring and firing and recruiting and drafting, etc. are handled to be very opaque. I have this feeling that I'm missing opportunities to bring good talent into the club.

How the hell do I manage to get one of these awesome coaches, given they always seem to have a two year contract and when I click on "Available Actions" . . . nothing about "Make offer he cannot refuse . . ." or something along those lines.

I just fired my whole staff . . . well two of them had contracts expire, and I fired the rest. They were all mediocre. But now looking at the pool of availables: same thing, nothing but mediocres.

Also, at some point after winning the pennant (yesterday or the day before) somehow all my top players got new contracts through the end of 1903 for about a 2.5 to 3x pay raise! I mean I can appreciate that winning the pennant is worth a raise but Holy Crap!

Moreover, when I click on the League Transactions page: Show All Players, some of my players are listed there!? WHAT!? For example, John J. Anderson, he was getting paid about $900 and now his salary is $1,500, just POOF! automatically. When I click on his Contracts and Status page, under "Additional Clauses and Incentives" it says: Contract is not guaranteed.

What the heck is this all about?
Anthropoid is offline   Reply With Quote